Saturday, December 1, 2007

My review of Richard Dawkins "The God Delusion"

I have now completed my extensive review of Richard Dawkins latest book, The God Delusion. My word counter tells me that the entire review is about 10,000 words long. The book has received massive attention, and Dawkins has visited many Universities as well as talkshows to speak about his book. You can take part of some of it by going here.

Here follows links to my reviews on all the different chapters...

Chapter 1 - A deeply religious non-believer
Chapter 2 - The God hypothesis
Chapter 3 - Arguments for God's existence
Chapter 4 - Why there is almost certainly no God
Chapter 5 - The roots of religion
Chapter 6 - The roots of morality
Chapter 7 - The good book and the changing moral zeitgeist
Chapter 8 - What's wrong with religion? Why be so hostile
Chapter 9 - Childhood, abuse, and escape from religion
Chapter 10 - A much needed gap?

Happy reading!

2 comments:

Bill McEnaney said...

Dear Anders,

I'll happy to see that you're still blogging.

I just thought this lecture about the new atheism would interest because you like Dawkin's book "The God Delusion." If you post your thoughts about the lecture, I'll be eager to read them.

http://www.blip.tv/file/3151141

All the best,
Bill

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.